Thursday, October 10, 2013

A School Where Students Teach Themselves.

My personal opinion on our topic Wednesday was that I don't think that this would work if it was the main style of education. This could work in small groups, with self motivated people who have already done years of traditional schooling. If I were in such a program my effort would be enough to pass. I wouldn't be fit for such a program because I have been formed by a school system where grades are more valued than learning. Not only that but I am motivated because I have to get a certain grade, not necessarily to learn the content that is being taught. I feel there are many students like me, but for the few that are motivated and mature enough to handle it, I think it would be great. It would just be difficult deciding who is fit for a program like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment